Barnard Grove Primary School
Meet our School Governors...
The role and core functions of the school governor and governing bodies:
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school's aims and policies. Follow this link to the latest Governance Handbook.
The core functions of the governing body are:
* ensuring that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined;
* ensuring that the headteacher performs his/her responsibilities for the educational performance of the
* ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources.
Barnard Grove Primary School is a community school.
Our governing body is 'The governing body of Barnard Grove Primary School'. The Chair of Governors at Barnard Grove is Mr. Michael Kay.
It consists of:
* 4 Parent Governors (Mrs. Jeanette Strong, Mrs. Petrova Dixon, Mr. Paul Mason and Mrs. Joanne Wallace)
* 1 Governor from the Local Authority (Councillor Robin Cook)
* 1 Staff Governor (Ms Claire Hudson)
* 1 Headteacher (Mr. Lee Walker)
* 7 Co-opted Governors (Mr. Michael Kay, Mr. Barry Cox, Mr. Philip Hornsey, Mr. Daniel Farmen and Miss Janine
Thompson) - there are currently two Co-opted governor vacancies
* 1 Associate Governor (Mrs. Hilary Timothy)
We have 14 governors in total. Click here for more details on our Governors' business interests.
This instrument of government came into effect on the 1st September 2016.
Barnard Grove Primary School, Hartlepool, TS24 9SD Telephone: (01429) 230300