Barnard Grove Primary School
Meet our School Governors...
The role and core functions of the school governor and governing bodies:
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school's aims and policies. Follow this link to the latest Governance Handbook.
The core functions of the governing body are:
* ensuring that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined;
* ensuring that the headteacher performs his/her responsibilities for the educational performance of the
* ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources.
Barnard Grove Primary School is a community school.
Our governing body is 'The governing body of Barnard Grove Primary School'. The Chair of Governors at Barnard Grove is Mr. Michael Kay.
It consists of:
* Parent Governors (Mrs. Petrova Dixon, Mr. Paul Mason, Mrs. Laura Robson and Mrs. Joanne Wallace)
* Local Authority Governor (Mr. Robin Cook)
* Staff Governor (Ms Claire Hudson)
* Headteacher (Mr. Lee Walker)
* Co-opted Governors (Mr. Michael Kay, Mr. Barry Cox, Mr. Philip Hornsey, Mrs. Hilary Harmison and Mrs. Janine
When at full capacity, we have 14 governors in total (7 Co-opted, 4 Parent, 1 Local Authority, 1 Staff, 1 Headteacher).
This instrument of government came into effect on the 1st September 2016.
Barnard Grove Primary School, Hartlepool, TS24 9SD Telephone: (01429) 230300